Tips for applicants
Great preparation builds confidence.
Are you interested in a career with Stump-Franki? Would you like to apply for a position? That’s fantastic.
We have prepared a list of suggestions on how to ensure your application makes the best possible first impression.
Your application is your business card.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You might have already heard this expression. But the first impression is actually made when you send in your initial application.
Our recommendations: Spend plenty of time on your application. Consider how you can best present your knowledge and competencies. Explain why you would like to work with us, and how you believe you can contribute to the success of Stump-Franki.
Summarise all the most important information in a personalised cover letter and attach a concise CV. Include any relevant certificates and credentials with your application. We expect you to provide, at the very least, documentary evidence of the highest level of education completed, or a reference from your previous employer if applicable.
There are one or two other aspects you should be aware of when preparing your application:
The cover letter.
Would you like to catch our interest? Then compose your cover letter accordingly and consider the following points:
- Tell us what interests you about this particular position and why you believe you would be an asset to the team at Stump-Franki.
- If you are sending a speculative application, please let us know which division and location you would like to work in, and why you would like to work for Stump-Franki in particular.
- Please address all your communications directly to the contact person specified in the advertisement.
- Provide the contact person with all your contact details. Important: Don’t forget your email address and a telephone number on which we can reach you during the day.
Ideally, your CV should provide a brief outline and appraisal of your career path so far. It is important to keep the following aspects in mind:
- Choose a clear and well-structured layout for your documents.
- Address relevant keywords.
- Do not use elaborate and complex language.
- Focus on describing your actual professional activities and precise time frames. Please be specific, to the month, so that we can see the exact duration of any previous employment.
- You are welcome to send us a photograph of yourself if you wish. Ideally, this picture should show you as you would appear during a normal working day.
How to make your CV relevant.
Paper is patient, as we all know. Therefore, we recommend that you create an accurate portrayal of yourself and your knowledge base, assessed as realistically as possible. Exaggerations usually come to light in interviews and result in frustration on both sides. Your CV should contain the following information:
- Personal details
- Professional experience or internships, working student programmes
- Any time spent abroad
- Other knowledge or additional qualifications
- Language proficiency
- IT knowledge
- Other activities such as volunteer work
- Sports and hobbies
- Place and date
We hope you find our advice helpful, and wish you the best of luck with your application.
A stress-free approach to interviews.
Your application has intrigued us and we would like to meet you in person. At this interview, we would like to find out more about your education, previous professional experience and particular interests. This is your chance to present an authentic portrayal of yourself and your personal strengths.
Be prepared for the interview.
Before you come, read the job profile through carefully once more. Consider why you are the perfect person to fill exactly this position. Visit our website to find out more about our company and make a note of any questions you may have. This has two main advantages: You will find that the interview becomes less stressful. At the same time, you will demonstrate to us that your interest in a career with Stump-Franki is genuine.
Four key areas you should keep in mind before your interview.
- Why are you applying for a position with us?
- Why does this exact position appeal to you?
- What do you know about Stump-Franki?
Your professional vision and goals.
- What challenges have you already successfully overcome?
- What are your short- and long-term professional goals?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What are your strengths?
- Where do you believe you have potential for further development?
Your questions for us.
Would you like to find out more about Stump-Franki or the position in question? The interview is the perfect opportunity.